Huwebes, Oktubre 6, 2011

A Poem for a Teacher

“On Becoming a Teacher; My Vocation, My Mission”

To become a teacher is not my dream before.
It is just like a fantasy that I always ignore.
But as days pass by, it is God’s will that reigned
And here I am taking up a course which I could not feign.

I thought that I will not get interested with this study
Paper works, reports, making syllabus really make me crazy.
But by such God’s intervention I started to love this profession
And later on I see myself enjoying such gift of vocation.

Yes, I now consider it as a calling from the Divine Teacher.
It is just like I am being called as a soldier.
A soldier who is bound to a sacred and important mission
And that is for the welfare of those who are in need of education.

From being a profession, to a vocation, and now a mission.
 I believe that I am being called to a genuine operation.
To teach not only by books but also by my mere experience
In which evidently I can inculcate values and excellence.

To teach not only scholastic lessons but also lessons about life,
To be a teacher who teaches and to be a friend in times of strife,
To be a simple yet dynamic person for everybody
Those are my mission that I kept on thinking everyday.

On becoming a teacher is not only my dream.
It is my vocation and mission at my outmost extreme.
On becoming a teacher is not only my goal
But it is an indelible part of my soul.  

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento