Lunes, Oktubre 31, 2011

"A Strive for Excellence"


“A Strive for Excellence”
(A Reflection Paper on the Movie, 3 Idots)

          “One in a million”, if there is a phrase that will describe the movie “3 Idiots”, I think this is it. Despite of the fact that it is an Indian movie and it is made in the Hindi language, I still appreciate the concept, themes, and other factors that transcribed in the film. I was really inspired on how the directors and producers of such film presented the message which really touched the reality not only in India but also to some nations in which discrimination and ideal concepts prevail. Personally, while watching the said film I realized many things which are in accordance with myself not only as a student but most especially as an existing human being.
          First and foremost, I realized that success can not only be gained through books nor scholastic papers. In the movie, there is the character of “Chatur” a very bookish student himself in which he memorize and avail all the things given and presented in his books. In contrast to him is Ranju, a typical young boy who kept on contradicting the ideas of his professors and who kept on bullying his classmates especially
Chatur. The movie, through the character of Ranju, made me realize that life is not all about the things that you have read or acquired through scholastic papers. I was inspired by the statement of Ranju in which he said that, “Always strive for excellence and success will chase you.” I realized that life is all about the decisions that you make everyday even if what kind of person you are, or ideas be it is still on your decisions to continue life and to always strive for the best. Secondly, I realized that man is not limited on his own concepts and beliefs. As I exist day by day, I often observe myself being limited on my own ideals and creeds. Just like Ranju, I am also a very idealistic person. Sometimes, my idealistic character leads me in disagreement with my fellowmen. However, after watching the movie, I realized that life is not limited in my own scheme. There are many times in which I must also accept the realities of the world even if it is not in accordance with my own views. I need to because if will not I will never attained the true knowledge and wisdom of life. In attaining success and excellence, I believe that I should not be limited with my own self. Lastly, I realized that, being knowledgeable and smart does not make you an invincible person. Ranju is considered to be the genius in their school, the International College of Engineering. But despite of that fame and honor, Ranju remained to be a humble and down to earth person. He did not forget his friends and his own identity and that made him an ideal person. He did not make himself an outcast to his friends and I think that is the real application of knowledge. To be honest, there are many times in my life in which I tend to be “superman”. I always put myself in the pedestal over the others. As such, from the movie I learned to be always humble and down to earth. I knew that in myself, I am not the greatest and even if I am the one, I still do not have the right to boast nor to be so much proud of myself.
          In the end, I realized that the true essence of being excellent cannot be seen in such awards and achievements that you attained. But the true meaning of excellence is on how you manage to be yourself not only for yourself per se but most especially for others despite of the many citations and medals that you have attained. Excellence is being earned, being worked hard and being applied. The movie created a big impact not only in my eyes but also to my consciousness as an idealistic student. As I end my essay, I want to impart a statement that was said to me by my friend who is actually a priest. He said, “Ang pagiging magaling ay hindi lamang nakikita sa mga librong iyong nabasa o naisulat ngunit ang pagiging magaling ay kung paano mo isinabuhay ang iyong sarili para sa iba at para sa Diyos.”
  

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento