Linggo, Oktubre 9, 2011

What is Love (Part X)

Love is simply sharing your life with others
            “Love is seen when one decided to share his life with others” (Wotyla II, 1998, p. 23).  These are the very words of the late Pope John Paul II. Indeed, love is not merely an abstract word in which one cannot grasp or attain its meaning. Personally, I believe that love is simply sharing—sharing something which can touch the existence of others.

The First Encounter
As a transferee, I can say that, I still have this culture shock, maybe because of my abrupt exit from the seminary. However the “READING  PROGERAM ACTIVITY” initiated by the College of Education where I belong reminds me of the things that I used to do when I was still a seminarian. To be honest, this is the one of the activities that fascinate me--- to be in contact or to share my time to these children who really needs guidance especially in this kind of activity. Thus, our reading program is really a great venue in touching the lives of these children.
            It all started last Nov.23 2009. It was our orientation program held in Don Amadeo Perez Sr. Memorial Central School (DAPSMECS). On that program, the learners were presented by their teachers and those who are to be called “teachers” represented by the students of Panpacific University North Philippines (PUNP) particularly from the College of Education led by Dr. Larina Osias as the Dean of the said College Department and Dr. Martha Madrid, the reading instructor of PUNP. Most of the student teachers met their respective learners but because of the lack of time and also other learner were absent, other student teachers were not able to meet their learners.
             It was a hot afternoon of Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2009, when I first met my learner. His name is Gideon A. de Guzman or simply “Gideon”. He is a graduating student of the said school. At first, he is not ease to be with my company. He does not want me to be his “reading teacher” because he has this impression that I am strict and serious. However, despite of that facts, he still mange to accept that I will be his teacher and he will be my student. When we sat down together I asked him many things including his profile and other questions under the sun which eventually made him comfortable and happy on my side.
            Gideon is not  that difficult to teach. He reads well but somehow he really needs supervision to be guided with the proper tone of voice in each punctuation. Another thing is that, he must also be guided in creating  a confidence in himself. I felt his nervousness while he reads in my front. Apart from that, Gideon is a fast learner. I am amazed with him. I also observed that, he does not only want to learn how to read but also in other extra-curricular activities such as playing guitar, playing basketball and others.
            Lastly I can say that Gideon is a child who knows how to dream. It is really a wonderful thing that Gideon is my learner.





         
  

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento